The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Who does Dress for Success Houston serve? Low-income, job-ready women who:
- have a scheduled internship or job interview,
- are attending a job fair,
- are within 30 days of graduation from college, technical, or trade school,
- are within 90 days of new employment,
- OIF and OEF Veterans, and retiring veterans within 24 months of separation. Military ID, VA ID, or DD214 required.
In order to learn more about Dress for Success Houston or to request services, please schedule an appointment with Marilyn Wade via Handshake to go over the program procedures with you and provide you with a mandatory referral.
Check Out the CCD Pinterest Board for More Tips and Ideas About Dressing for the Occasion.
Career Gear is a national non-profit organization that builds strong families and communities by empowering low-income men to overcome barriers and achieve self-sufficiency.
Career Gear Houston serves low-income men who are:
- job ready, actively looking for employment,
- have an interview scheduled or attending a job fair,
- are graduating in 30 days from college, technical school or a job skills training program,
- are within first 30 days of new employment.
In order to learn more about Career Gear Houston or to request services, please schedule an appointment with Marilyn Wade via Handshake to go over the program procedures with you and provide you with a mandatory referral.