Connect with Alumni & Mentors
What do you have in common with an opera singer, a Peace Corps volunteer, an astronaut, a campaign speech writer, and a professional athlete? Rice! As a member of the Rice community, you are connected to a network of alumni working around the world.
Rice University OWL Career Mentor Network
The Center for Career Development encourages you to join the OWL Career Mentor Network on LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network!
- Network with Friends of Rice University - including alumni, faculty, staff, parents, and recruiters - who have joined the group to be a resource for current students and alumni
- Ask career-related questions on the Discussion board
- Receive guidance on how to search for a job, interview, network, start a new job, and more!
- Hear about mentor events and activities
- Search for and connect with professionals who have a career path that interests you
More information coming soon. In the meantime, the following resources can help you develop your LinkedIn profile and learn how to use LinkedIn to advance your career!
New to LinkedIn? LinkedIn is a great resource for you to identify and reach out to Rice alumni and create valuable connections. If you are new to LinkedIn, here are resources for getting started:
Build a Professional Profile
Network Professionally on LinkedIn
Find Your Career Passion
Conduct Essential Employer Research
Job Hunting Tips
LinkedIn Etiquette Guide
During the school year, the CCD hosts monthly LinkedIn workshops. Keep an eye on our events calendar on the home page for the next workshop date!
Professionalism & Business Etiquette
When reaching out to Rice alumni, professional etiquette is of the utmost importance. From asking for an introduction to discussing a connection's organization, following proper etiquette maximizes your chance to get responses from the people you're hoping to connect with. Here are resources for getting started:
Tips from Etiquette Expert Diane Gottsman
Ask the Expert
International Business Etiquette Guide