Be an OWL Career Mentor
Join the OWL Career Mentor Network on LinkedIn
Thank you for taking our Rice Owls under your wings!
Don’t have a LinkedIn profile yet? Learn about LinkedIn and how to build a professional profile.
For more information on getting involved in each of these activities, please see our Mentoring Opportunities page. There are many benefits to becoming an OWL Career Mentor.
ABOUT THE OWL CAREER MENTOR NETWORK
Friends of Rice University — including alumni, faculty, staff, and parents —
are invited to join the Center for Career Development’s Rice University OWL Career Mentor Network on LinkedIn!
OWL Career Mentors serve as a resource to educate Rice students on career related topics, connect with students to expand their network, and empower students to confidently negotiate the professional world.
OWL Career Mentors may be a resource for students by:
- Participating in helpful, career-related discussions on the LinkedIn group page
- Providing one-on-one career mentoring to students when they message you on LinkedIn
- Writing articles about what it's like to work in a certain job or field, or offer insight on general career topics
- Offering relocation tips or insight about living in certain geographical areas
- Participating in career panels and other events on campus